Sunday, June 08, 2008
Active Advisor selected
I am pleased to announce that National Council has selected Rob Dixon rit05 as the 2008-09 Active Advisor.
In this position, Brother Dixon will advise National Council and help represent the active membership at the highest level of the fraternity. In his words, "I think the active advisor should serve the Active members, National Council, as well as the headquarters staff. I envision this position as a sounding board for the constituents working in collaboration with the National Council to launch their strategic plan...In my four years here at RIT, I have come to love Greek life and because I have been given so many outstanding opportunities, I want to give back...Lastly, I love being a Triangle man."
Rob's term will officially begin at Scobie Leadership School later this month and continue until next year's National Convention.
He is a previous participant in the Steven L. Miller Presidents Leadership Academy and was chosen to serve as an intern at Triangle's Centennial Convention. He has served his chapter as Alumni Relations Chairman, Risk Management Chairman, GAMMA Representative, House Manager, Public Relations Chairman, VP of New Member Education, and President. While he was chapter president, his chapter was recognized by the Greek community with the Excellence in Chapter Management Award and placed second in the President's Cup award, the highest award given to a Greek Organization at RIT. He is currently working in the Center for Campus Life for the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.
In this position, Brother Dixon will advise National Council and help represent the active membership at the highest level of the fraternity. In his words, "I think the active advisor should serve the Active members, National Council, as well as the headquarters staff. I envision this position as a sounding board for the constituents working in collaboration with the National Council to launch their strategic plan...In my four years here at RIT, I have come to love Greek life and because I have been given so many outstanding opportunities, I want to give back...Lastly, I love being a Triangle man."
Rob's term will officially begin at Scobie Leadership School later this month and continue until next year's National Convention.
He is a previous participant in the Steven L. Miller Presidents Leadership Academy and was chosen to serve as an intern at Triangle's Centennial Convention. He has served his chapter as Alumni Relations Chairman, Risk Management Chairman, GAMMA Representative, House Manager, Public Relations Chairman, VP of New Member Education, and President. While he was chapter president, his chapter was recognized by the Greek community with the Excellence in Chapter Management Award and placed second in the President's Cup award, the highest award given to a Greek Organization at RIT. He is currently working in the Center for Campus Life for the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.